Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Brain Bugs! Strippers! Cheetahs! Ninjas! & Muppets!



It is my belief that the world can never have enough conversations about the cinematic canon of Paul Verhoeven. Yes, I’m constantly saddened by the decreasing popularity of drive-in movie theaters, library cards, English grammar, and international peace, but really, all those problems would be solved if people just spent more time watching and talking about Verhoeven movies.
But where, you cry, can I find such audio treasures? Well, this neat little trend known as the Internet is proving itself to be quite the resource, as this week, I bring you not just one but two free podcasts covering some of the funnest films of all time.


First up is Girls On Film Radio, a biweekly(ish) roundtable where myself and a few ladies headed by Rach of RachOnFIlm(.blogspot.com) engage in meaty film discussion about nothing less than the best bug squishing cinema of all time, Starship Troopers. Also, we cover the Shaw Brothers’ 5 Element Ninjas (aka Chinese Super Ninjas) which somehow leads me to quote The Muppets Take Manhattan. There’s also talk about the horrors of bra shopping, proving that we’re the most well-rounded assortment of females you’re likely to find watching action cinema.


Meanwhile, those looking for more audio boob talk can head to Chinstroker vs. Punter, a 100 plus episode and running film podcast hosted by two lovely British chaps, Mike and Paul. For their 110th episode, they put aside the pains of a Revolutionary defeat to host my presence on a Showgirls extravaganza, Ver-sase and denim fringe prominently displayed. It’s a great conversation with two fantastic pod presences and once again, it somehow leads me to cite Kermit’s New York City adventures.

Don't ask. Just listen.

4 comments:

  1. I love Starship Troopers! And I never turn down any of the Muppet Movies, I'm a big fan of Janice. Only made it part way through Show Girls.
    Great article
    Dreaded Dreams
    Petunia Scareum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice is definitely the Muppet most young ladies aspire to be. I continue to envy her coolness.

    Now go finish Showgirls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Christine, this post loves YOU!

    ReplyDelete