Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A "Short" Announcement

Okay, so the announcement itself isn’t necessarily short, but it’s ABOUT shortness. I’ve decided to act organized for once in this blog’s nearly two-year life and devote this February to a subject near and dear to my lower heart:
Vertically Challenged Villains!

That’s right, since February is a SHORT month, those 28 days of frozen will be filled with reviews and musings on all films that feature evil under five feet! Expect killer kids! Blood gnomes! Puppet people! Cute cowboys! German dwarfs! And of course, 

dolls

dolls

and dolls!

See, I love movies about mean little things. Part of it is well-documented, and another part comes perhaps from my very own vertical limitations. Because February 1st ALSO starts a little event known as MY BIRTHDAY, it seemed doubly fitting.
I welcome any and all readers to participate. If you’re a blogger who covers anything petite in February, simply email me the link and I’ll toss up a shoutout. If you don’t have a blog but want to share a list or little blurb on some of your favorite miniature killers, shoot me an email and I’ll most likely post it here with pride (and of course, your credit). 
As I get closer to getting older, I’ll tease you tallies with a list of some of the films I plan to cover. Recommendations are also appreciated, so add in the comments and start slouching!


14 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea, I'm so excited to see what you come up with.

    I feel one of the Leprechaun movies should be covered, preferably the fourth because it's amazing and he's IN SPACE.

    Also, Child's Play and Don't Look Now spring immediately to mind...

    Are you including killer children?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think every tiny monster you know, I know, and vice versa. I agree, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liam: The fourth is indeed my favorite Leprechaun film, and I believe it has that distinction of being directed by Brian Trenchard Smith. Plus he's IN SPACE, as you so wisely point out. Child's Play will definitely get some special treatment, though I have to figure out how to properly honor it. I kind of forgot about Don't Look Now!

    Thanks John!

    Ashlee: hopefully, we'll find some new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful, can't wait to see what you get down with next month. Get it, down, oooh, I crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gaaaaahahahahaha! Love me some short puns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why would you make me remember Black Devil Doll From Hell? WHY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moooooohahahahaha!

    Just wait til I officially review it! And have nightmares for the rest of my life because of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As one of the most vertically challeneged Action movie podcasters out there, I adore your sentiment! (And also, you'd best believe you're getting a Happy Birthday greeting on your day!)

    As for suggestions... I get the feeling WAY back when for the Doll's House, you may have touched upon "The Brood", so how about the 1980's garbage... er... happening, "The Children"? Because everyone knows killing undead children is as easy as cutting off hands!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it's any consolation, you're still taller than the podcasters of the GleeKast!

    You know, I've never officially reviewed The Brood, though it's one of my all-time favorites. Hmmmmmmmmm. I did rewatch The Children a few months back, review here:

    http://deadlydollshouse.blogspot.com/2010/03/huggabunch.html

    LOVE the hand slicing! And death by hugs. DEATH BY HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Em, have you ever actually reviewed the Puppet Master films? My Google-fu may be failing me as I can't seem to find any reviews for the actual films, just mentions of them and your toys of them.
    If you're only going to cover one of these, may I request a review of number III (the one with the Nazis!)

    Cheers
    V

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vish, I have never officially reviewed the PM films (aside from Puppet Master vs. Demonic Toys, which doesn't quite count since for random reasons). I do own 1-3 in a boxed set, so maybe you'll get lucky. I have a few other Full Moon/Charles Band films on the horizon, but a little more Blade never did anybody no harm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I certainly cannot wait for you to review Black Devil Doll From Hell! That movie is simply so fucked that it's unfathomable that it was ever made. Love that 20 minute opening credit sequence and the puppet rape!

    I look forward to short month and I will also try and come up with a contribution of my own. The ever important question is, what movie?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait Matt! Whatever it is, I predict GOLD!

    ReplyDelete